• Borrow items from any library location in Donegal and return to any library that suits you.
• Renew your loans online or borrow digital content.
• Teachers and childcare providers have the possibility to taking larger loans for a longer period (40 books for 84 days).
To avail of this please bring a letter from the school to your local branch.
• Since 1st January 2019, overdue fines have been abolished. There’s never been a better time to join.
• There is a lot more to discover and download in our Online Library section.
Online borrowing FAQs can be found at the following links
> Logging in and managing your online account
> Reading lists and reading history
> Can't find your answer? Request online support here
Libraries Ireland Privacy Statement
Details of how to access the service are as follows:
Step 1 – Contact your local library.
Opening hours available at: https://www.donegallibrary.ie/mainnavigation/useyourlibrary/openinghours
or e-mail [email protected] Please remember to have your Eircode ready.
Step 2 – Inform the Library staff what type of Books, or DVD’s you prefer.
Step 3 – Library staff will choose items using your preference and their experience.
Step 4 – The items are then packaged and delivered to your door. Stringent health and safety measures will be adhered to throughout the process of choosing, packaging and delivering the books to you.
Step 5 - Sit back and enjoy your items.
The Library Service has a large selection of books, audio books, large print, DVDs and music CD’s in their collection. Experienced library staff will find something to suit everyone’s taste!
All items are on long term loan and there are no overdue charges, so you don’t need to worry about returning them. When it is safe to do library staff will be in contact about how to return items.